Loves cats, chickens
Beef, pork, chicken: which meat is suitable for cats?
Animal proteins play an extremely important role in cat nutrition. Muscle meat in particular provides cats with this vital nutrient.
This meat is valuable to the cat
Most types of meat hardly differ in terms of the content of vitamins, trace elements and minerals. Nevertheless, there is a small but subtle difference. The meat of:
Poultry meat for cats
Chicken, turkey, duck and goose poultry meat is for the cat very healthy. The advantages are:
- rich in vitamin B niacin and vitamin A.
- especially chicken and turkey low in calories and fat
- contains high quality proteins
Therefore, poultry meat such as chicken and turkey is also suitable as Light food if you have diarrhea or vomiting. The cat particularly likes it when cooked. You can also feed chicken and other types of poultry raw. Remove skin and bones. In this way you save calories and avoid the risk of injury from swallowed bone fragments.
Beef and other red meat for cats
Beef, pork, and lamb, and other red meats are for cats important iron suppliers and should therefore not be missing on the diet of cats. Because the cat needs iron for blood formation.
Red meat is best served in the form of lean, small bites. Since sirloin or fillet are expensive meat products, you can use hearts as an alternative. Heart is low in calories, rich in vitamins and tastes very good to cats. In principle, with the exception of pork, red meat can also be fed raw without any problems.
Beware of pork for cats
Pork is also valuable for cats. Like other red meats, pork is high in iron. Fat-free cooked and lean foods Pork like heart, fillet and schnitzel is one high quality and low calorie protein source and is particularly suitable for cats on a diet to lose weight.
Fatter parts of pork such as pork belly and pork neck, on the other hand, are particularly tasty and healthy for cats because it is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Fatty pork is a great way to nurse emaciated cats.
Never feed your cat raw pork; raw pork can contain the Aujeszky virus, which is deadly to cats and dogs!
Raw meat for cats - yes or no?
More and more cat owners are choosing Barfen as an alternative to ready-made food. In principle, you can feed your cat raw all types of meat. The big exception is pork. In principle, the following applies to raw feeding:
- Only feed raw meat that is also offered for human consumption by well-run butcher shops.
- Pay close attention to hygiene during processing, because if you feed your cats raw meat, there is always a certain risk of infections with pathogens and parasites - not only for the cat but also for the person who comes into contact with it.
There are also cats who prefer cooked or roasted meat to raw meat. But: When meat is cooked, the vital substance taurine for cats is lost. You then have to add this to your meals.
Meat alone is unhealthy for cats
Muscle meat alone is not enough to feed your cat appropriately. This becomes clear when you look at the nutrients the cat consumes when it eats a prey animal: In addition to muscle meat, it also takes in the skin and hair, innards and stomach contents of the prey animal and thus receives not only protein Carbohydrates, fat, minerals and vitamins.
An exclusive feeding with muscle meat would thus in the long run Deficiency symptoms with the cat. Therefore, you still have to supplement meat rations with the rest of the food. Only then can the cat's diet be considered complete.
- How is energy converted
- How did Bollywood music become more global
- What perfumes does Sindhu Satish love
- Good websites for cryptocurrency news
- How are molars treated?
- Parkinson's disease is motor neuron disease
- Will you forgive someone who loves you
- What is the rarest rifle made by the Nazis
- Self-expressive writing is a lesser form
- What is China's open door policy
- What is river erosion
- Headbanging causes brain damage
- What is Internet Explorers' market share
- What is Tikz's diagonal fill pattern
- Is China safer
- What number is divisible by 471
- What is naval warfare?
- Revenge is an instinct
- Why is Christmas important in France
- Who designed Boxee
- What is your ritual after orgasm
- How many wars did Mohammed wage
- Why was Thelonious Monks' music so unusual
- All business ideas that can work globally