In what year does the idiocracy play
Film plot and background
Satire about a stupid contemporary who is a clever mind in the world of idiots around 2505.
Joe Bowers isn't exactly the smartest guy. So he willingly lets himself be persuaded to do an experiment. He and a prostitute are frozen - and forgotten. They are not woken up again until 2505 - and suddenly they are the most intelligent people. Because humanity was only going downhill intellectually.
The Pentagon is looking for guinea pigs for a brand new project: In order not to let the soldiers' talent go to the dogs in peacetime, they should be artificially frozen and awakened if necessary. First of all, those responsible try it with the simple loser Joe Bowers and the prostitute Rita, who are promptly forgotten and only wake up again in 2505. And in this future, of all people, these two will be the most intelligent people on earth.
Cast and crew
Videos and pictures
Reviews and ratings
How do you rate the film?
show moreIdiocracy: Satire about a stupid contemporary who is a clever mind in the world of idiots around 2505.
Satire of the "Beavis & Butthead" and "King of the Hill" maker Mike Judge, who vividly demonstrated his feeling for the weaknesses of society in his television series. Drowned in US cinemas, the title also has more potential in DVD exploitation in this country.
News and Stories
Premiere: This week's film reboots
The pay-TV broadcaster Premiere has some new film releases to report this week. It starts on Monday, June 30th, 2008 at 8:15 pm with the fantasy film “The Robber Bride”. The film revolves around the journalist Zenia (Mary-Louise Parker), who suddenly disappears without a trace. When a finger and her bloodied car are found, her boyfriend Henry is suspected of murder. But the cynical ex-cop John ...
Comedy "Idiocracy" with no start date
The already completed 20th Century Fox comedy "Idiocracy", which was due to start in America on September 1st, has been put on hold again and may no longer have a nationwide start. The comedy penned and directed by Mike Judge ("Alles Routine") is about the average American who is frozen by the Pentagon for a secret project and 1,000 years later ...
- Why are LifeProof cases so expensive
- Is Islam the reason ISIS exists
- Who is Dawood Ibrahim
- Why are there fewer poems about men?
- Why is the Black Sabbath underestimated?
- Are Uber drivers licensed
- What is the meaning of the centrisome
- How can you cancel Hulu add-ons?
- What are the principles of microbiology
- Why is Progressive Metal Progressive called
- What's your reason to donate blood
- How do I go about learning math
- Is the planche the toughest calisthenics movement
- What does good feedback look like
- How do you create a spy organization
- What does it mean to be an indie hacker
- What is value proposition for landscape architects
- Do Albanians really come from ancient Illyrians
- How is Francois Hollande personally
- What is the taste of halal food
- Why history is divided into periods
- Ron Weasley is useless
- Why is Huawei banned 2
- Buy virgin hair