When will Quora reach 100 million questions
Quora: Hackers loot more than 100 million records
According to its own information, the Quora question portal recently discovered that unauthorized access to its own database had been gained and almost all of the content of the platforms, including user data, was copied.
Hackers steal user data from Quora
The attackers succeeded in taking over and copying Quora's database. The information stolen also includes the account details of the users, including their name, email address, password in encrypted form and the imported data linked from other networks, if the user approved this. In addition, other information such as question content and actions, answer questions, negative reviews and direct messages were stolen.
Only the anonymously written questions and answers are not affected by the hack, as the identity of the people who publish anonymous content is not stored in Quora at all.
Affected users will be notified by email
Every affected Quora user will be informed of the data theft via a separate email. Not all users are said to be affected by the hack, and precise details of how many data records are involved have not been given. In addition, the risk of identity theft due to the stolen data is said to be rather low, as Quora does not store any personal data such as credit card details or social security numbers.
The company claims to have learned of the problems for the first time on November 30, 2018 and initiated appropriate countermeasures and an investigation. Quora has notified law enforcement agencies and engaged its own digital forensics and security company to assist the company with the investigation. How the attackers got into the system is still completely unclear.
Change of password is recommended
Quora recommends that all users change the password they use. It is also suggested not to use the same password for other services. If the password has nevertheless been used for other services, these passwords should also be changed.
The passwords of the Quora users were hashed with Salt and saved on the servers, so there is no direct danger from fast password decryption.
- What is the wise sex
- How we can dispose of household waste
- What are your favorite sales management books
- How does Red Hat make money 1
- Oceanography has scope in India
- Who is the hero in Treasure Island
- Which college is best for an MPH
- Are zodiac signs important in marriage?
- Should South Vietnam join Cambodia
- Is yogurt good for an itchy dog
- Are foxes and wolves family
- Who are the top particle physicists at the moment?
- Why do children have a higher IQ
- How do you swear in Russian
- Is Champcash real
- What is sustainable land management
- What is empathy but a second hand emotion
- How do you start a copywriting agency
- What is the taste of halal food
- How does the application for a scholarship work?
- Why are strip clubs so dirty
- Indian women love septum piercing
- Show ester metamerism
- What is 20 20 20
- Can I crack CPT in 1 month
- What are some good resources about earthquakes
- Is serenity legitimate
- What can you do with mascarpone
- What was the past of Condoleezza Rice
- Who invented the coffee stopper?
- Twitter increases among users
- Why is Walmart going out of business
- How does a martini taste dry?
- Which ingredient makes Benadryl dependent