Why does Saudi Arabia choose Chinese drones
Trump threatens an attack, but does not want him
In search of the perpetrators of the attacks on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, US President Donald Trump points a finger in the direction of Iran. "It looks like" that the Islamic Republic is behind the attacks, said Trump in the White House. At the same time, he emphasized that the US did not want a war with Iran.
Can counter with a larger attack
"We definitely have to find out who did it," said Trump. The investigations continued. "I don't want to go to war with anyone." But the United States is prepared for a conflict. "That was a very big attack. It could very easily be countered by our country with a much, much bigger attack."
On Saturday morning, several explosions shook the facilities of the Saudi oil producer Aramco and led to massive production losses. The oil price then skyrocketed. The Iran-backed Houthi rebels from Yemen confessed to the attacks.
Saudis want protection
With a view to a possible retaliatory strike, Trump made it clear that the attack was not aimed at the USA, but against Saudi Arabia. "The Saudis want us to protect them," said Trump. "We would certainly help them." In the event of possible retaliation, Saudi Arabia would have to play a major role and also contribute financially, said Trump.
The exact circumstances of the attack on the oil production systems remain open. Saudi Arabia announced that it would invite the United Nations and international experts to participate in the investigation. The Foreign Ministry in Riyadh confirmed that Iranian weapons were used in the bombings on Saturday. That could be checked by international observers.
The spokesman for the Saudi Arabia-led military coalition deployed in Yemen, a country of civil war, had previously stated that Iranian drones were used in the attacks. However, they were not launched from Yemeni soil, so his caveat.
Iranian President Hassan Rohani justified the attacks on the oil facilities in Saudi Arabia as "self-defense" by the Yemeni rebels. "Yemen is the target of bombing raids every day," said Rohani.
Ayatollah Khamenei: No negotiations with the US
Following the recent escalation in the Middle East, Iran's spiritual leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei rejected bilateral talks between Trump and Rouhani. A possible meeting of the two presidents on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York had been speculated over and over again for several weeks.
The policy of "maximum pressure" of US President Donald Trump against the "Iranian nation" is "worthless", it said on the official website of Chameneis. However, should the US return to the 2015 international nuclear deal, it could "join multilateral talks between Iran and the other parties".
Trump had previously not completely ruled out a meeting with Rouhani. The US head of state announced that diplomatic resources were never exhausted. Last year, the US President unilaterally terminated the nuclear agreement, which was signed by Germany among others, and gradually reintroduced sanctions against Iran. In return, Tehran gradually reduced obligations from the agreement, which is thus on the brink.
haz / hk (dpa, rtr, afp, ap)
- Difference between boiler mountings and boiler accessories
- What is the full form of EUR
- Why do crocodiles have sharp teeth
- What conspiracy theory deserves a mainstream conversation
- How do I hang my American flag?
- Things work fine
- What is the process before we sin?
- Ritz crackers or goldfish crackers
- Why is solo women travel different
- Light sticks are poisonous
- What is the purpose of the gossip
- Can we really completely prove an astrologer?
- What can help someone focus better?
- Which are the easiest consonants to articulate
- Do car headlight cleaning kits really work?
- Trees get cold
- Where does ISIS get Toyota vehicles from
- Did Bernie Sanders ever lie
- What is the bandwidth requirement of BPSK
- Is the reality internal or external
- Why does a blowjob feel good?
- What do you think of Jakarta
- Will Karbala happen again
- Where can I download Tamil karaoke songs