How to choose a power transformer
How to choose the transformer power?
If a plant is directly supplied by a MV / LV transformer is to be supplied and the maximum apparent power load of the system has been determined, a suitable dimensioning for the transformer can be determined taking into account the following considerations:
- The possibility of the Power factor to improve the system (see Chapter L)
- Expected extensions to the installation
- Installation restrictions (e.g. temperature)
- Standard transformer ratings
|Apparent power (kVA)||In one)|
|- 237V -||- 410V -|
Number. 1 : Standard apparent powers for MV / LV transformers and associated nominal output currents
The rated full load current In on the low voltage side of a Three-phase transformer is given by:
- P. a = rated kVA of the transformer
- U = phase-to-phase voltage when idling in volts (237 V or 410 V)
- I am in amps
Single phase transformer
For a single phase transformer:
- V = voltage between the low-voltage terminals when idling (in volts)
Simplified equation for 400 V (3-phase load)
The IEC standard for power transformers is IEC 60076.
Source: Schneider Electric
Related electrical guides and articles
- Jesus was born in a stable
- The world is getting richer
- What's your reason to donate blood
- India really needs a change
- Has china paper
- Is Luffy really capable of being a captain?
- Which is better Zendesk or Intercom
- Sweating is not harmful to your health
- Could Star Wars be real
- What are real and ideal gases
- Is moss bad for oaks?
- What are some popular Django template engines
- How can I get along with Italians
- How do I start a webcam site
- What is the full form of EUR
- Where did the Scythians and Sarmatians live
- When will the earth no longer exist?
- What is the nationality of Sean Bean
- Which animal gives birth and which egg
- What Trudeaumania caused in the late 1960s
- What is relief
- How do I buy a DTX token
- Why is cooking more fun than eating?
- What are the best sports glasses