What are tips for the CA CPT
Cape Town Airport (CPT) car hire
In the event of cancellation:
100% money back
No risk. No exception. Full security. more>
Stations at Cape Town Airport (CPT) and the surrounding areaIs it your greatest wish on vacation to travel independently and flexibly? Simply book your rental car directly at Cape Town Airport (CPT) and enjoy your vacation right from the start. Click on the map and select the appropriate station where you would like to pick up your cheap rental car in South Africa. Sunny Cars is waiting for you at more than 8,000 stations in over 120 countries.
Here are other top rental car locations near Cape Town Airport
Where should your vacation trip begin? Here are other top locations near Cape Town Airport. Pick up your rental car at one of our most popular stations and drive off.
Start instead of waiting: all-round carefree package for rental cars.
Treat yourself to that special extra while on holiday and enjoy the many advantages of our all-round carefree package for rental cars: These include unlimited kilometers, fully comprehensive insurance with reimbursement of the deductible, free rebooking and 24/7 availability.
Cape Town Airport (CPT) and the surrounding area
Welcome to the "mother city" of South Africa
Cape Town, the oldest city in South Africa, is perhaps the most beautiful city in the world for many. No wonder. It has highlight after highlight to offer - starting with Table Mountain, the symbol of Cape Town, on which there are more plants than in the whole of Great Britain, to the lonely sandy beaches on the Cape of Good Hope. Start your dream trip with the rental car at Cape Town Airport and enjoy relaxation, adventure and breathtaking nature.
Start an unforgettable journey with a rental car from Cape Town Airport
Cape Town is considered a car-friendly city and has a very well developed road network. Start in the city and discover world-famous sights such as the Castle of Good Hope, the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town's visitor magnet, and pay a visit to the Greenmarket Square Crafts Market. Further highlights can be found within a radius of 50 km, which you can easily discover with the rental car from Cape Town Airport.
Highlight over highlight: where oceans collide
Many legends and seafaring myths surround this legendary place: The Cape of Good Hope, which was discovered on the sea route to Asia. Here at the southernmost point of Africa, the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic meet. You can easily drive there by rental car from Cape Town Airport. Make sure you plan some time for the Nature Reserve and hike along the Shipwreck Trail, which leads you to the remains of an American freighter and a Dutch Kümos. Watching the whales in False Bay is an unforgettable experience. You might be lucky.
Get to know the sights of South Africa and marvel at this unique land of contrasts.
When is the best weather in South Africa? With our tips you are well prepared for a vacation in South Africa.
South Africa travel guide: PDF download
Don't miss the highlights in South Africa. We have the best tips in our free travel guide.
Do you need an international driver's license to rent a car in Cape Town?
An international driver's license is required for your rental car tour in Cape Town. If you get into a police check, you will be asked about it. Please note that the international driver's license is only valid in conjunction with a national driver's license.
Do you need a navigation device to rent a car in Cape Town?
If you want to comfortably discover Cape Town and the surrounding area with your rental car, we recommend booking a navigation device under Accessories. You can then concentrate fully on the traffic and let yourself be guided safely to your destination. We will inform you of the costs incurred during the booking process. Sometimes booking a GPS online is not possible. In this case, please contact our reservations department at +49 (0) 89/82 99 33 900 if you are interested. Our staff will be happy to help you.
Is a rental car trip in Cape Town dangerous?
To increase your own safety when traveling in Cape Town, it is advisable to follow the general safety tips for South Africa: Do not drive in the dark, keep the windows closed when driving and lock the car from the inside. Townships should only be visited with reputable guides. In Cape Town there is a special emergency number for the protection of guests, Tel. 021/418 28 52. For details, please refer here or note the current safety information from the Federal Foreign Office.
Is an additional driver included for the rental car tour in Cape Town?
Of course you want to enjoy your vacation and not be behind the wheel all the time. For Cape Town you automatically book a rental car where the additional driver is already included in the service package and therefore in the rental price. If you wish to have additional drivers, however, small fees may apply. In this case, it is currently not possible to book additional drivers online. Please contact our reservations department, our staff will be happy to help you on +49 (0) 89/82 99 33 900. Please note that both the main driver and all other drivers must sign the rental agreement including the special rental conditions of the vehicle fleet provider on site. Only then will every driver really be optimally insured.
The best tips for a nicer vacation in Cape Town.
The second largest city in South Africa attracts with a multitude of attractive offers: The city with its beaches is equally popular with water sports enthusiasts and sun seekers. Table Mountain and the surrounding area are ideal for hiking and mountain biking. You will encounter the eventful history of Cape Town here at every turn. Discover Cape Town - with travel tips from Sunny Cars.
- South Africa
- Popular cities:
- Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Bethlehem
- Time zone:
- Afrikaans, English, South Ndebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, North Sotho, South Sotho, Setswana, Siswati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga
- License Plate:
- Nearby airports:
- Johannesburg Central Airport, Cape Town Airport, Port Elizabeth Airport, Johannesburg intl Airport, Johannesburg Central Airport
Cape Town highlights
If you are on the lookout for interesting places in Cape Town, you will quickly find it. Here are our highlights:
Table Mountain in Cape Town is the city's local mountain. From the top you have a fantastic view of the city and the Cape of Good Hope. Robben Island can also be seen. Hiking trails of varying degrees of difficulty lead to the mountain massif. It's faster with the cable car. Their cabins revolve around themselves and always create a new perspective.
The Big Five near Cape Town
Go on a safari in the vicinity of Cape Town. Several private safari parks have been created here and you can easily take a day trip there. Go into the wild. With a little luck you can see lions, elephants, rhinos, hippos and leopards up close.
The Garden Route
Coastal road No. 2 in south-east South Africa is right at the top of the tourist list. Whether you want to watch whales, contemplate the beauty of the coast or swim on dream beaches, everything is possible on the Garden Route.
Cape Town - food & drink
The internationally inspired cuisine of Cape Town will bring you exceptional culinary delights. It is influenced by both European, Indian and Indonesian. Don't miss out on trying the following dishes:
- Biltong - air-dried beef or air-dried game
- Chakalaka - seasoning sauce for grilled meat and bratwurst, but is also served with bread
- Vetkoek - deep-fried dough that is filled with either sweet or savory depending on the taste
Cape Town - Best time to travel
At the turn of the year, the weather in Cape Town shows its best side, because then it is summer in the southern hemisphere. With temperatures between 22 and 26 ° C, you can escape the dreary weather in Germany. The best travel time is from October to March, when it's gray here.
- October November: The weather in Cape Town in October is characterized by early summer temperatures and a few rainy days. These decrease even further in the following month, so that there is only a low probability of rain. The weather in Cape Town in November is therefore ideal for a vacation.
- March: In March the weather in Cape Town impresses with pleasant temperatures of around 25 ° C and a low risk of rain. The water temperature reaches its highest level at approx. 19 ° C.
More information for your trip:
Sunny Cars travel tips
Discover our exciting tips for your next trip!
Sunny Cars experiences
Share your experiences with Sunny Cars with others.
Rental car insurance
You should find out more about this before booking.
Rental car without deposit
It's easy to book.
As good as new vehicle
You deserve it: Book & enjoy more vacation.
You need to know that for a cheap vacation.
Other destinations nearby
Fuel regulation: if you know what you are doing, you save!
Find out more about the fuel regulations now and save money. Choosing the right one protects you from surprises and avoids additional costs. Read now which tank policy is best for whom.
Book your rental car now, pay later.
Think about your next vacation now and reserve your rental car. We only debit the invoice amount 14 days before the start of the rental period. So you can already enjoy the anticipation of your vacation - but only pay when the vacation is due. Choose whether you want to pay for your rental car by credit card, amazon pay, direct debit, PayPal or paydirekt.
Can you rent a specific car?
Do you need a Mercedes Sprinter as a rental car for your move? Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you a specific vehicle when booking a rental car. We only guarantee the rental car category. The model types shown are examples so that you can see which type of car falls into this category. But you will certainly get a comparable vehicle in which all ‘of your belongings fit.
* Would you like accessories such as a child seat or a GPS for your rental car? We can usually arrange these extras for you for a fee. We will inform you of the costs incurred during the booking process. Sometimes it is not possible to book the accessories online. Online booking of hotel delivery, border crossing, lowering or raising of the minimum or maximum age or booking an additional driver is currently not possible. A corresponding fee may also be incurred for picking up and dropping off your rental car outside of the regular business hours of the rental company, which you will be advised of in the booking process. This is also paid directly to the vehicle fleet provider on site. If you have any questions about hotel delivery or about picking up and dropping off your rental car outside of regular business hours, please contact our reservations department on +49 (0) 89/82 99 33 900. Our staff will be happy to help you book the additional services mentioned above.
** Note: Sunny Cars assumes no liability for incorrect or incorrectly presented information. We reserve the right to make changes at any time.
Perfect service, perfectly explained: our new Sunny Cars video
Everything you need to know about the service from Sunny Cars - explained in a nutshell in 1.5 minutes.
To the Sunny Cars video!
- Are you nervous and easily scared
- What happens after the impeachment vote
- Should quote Hillary Clinton Trump
- Is there a direct admission in JSS
- What does a Jagdtiger tank look like
- How many railway zones are there in India
- How are BPOs different from others?
- How do you separate kerosene and gasoline
- Who pays more Instacart or Shipt
- What are five planning approaches for information technology
- What is a PLC-based photovoltaic system
- I like that in Japanese
- How is Swift faster than Target C.
- Which is the best protein supplement on the market
- Is BAE in the Oxford dictionary
- Requires indefinite power, absolute control
- How can mouthwash restore tooth enamel
- It is worth installing the Android 10 version
- What do you think of Post Rock
- What is the Spanish word for annoying
- Why can't missiles fly over land?
- How does the portfolio management work
- Did Hanumanji ever break his brahmacharya
- What is 90 45 90