How are the facilities at IIT Bhubaneswar
Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar - Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar
The Institute of Physics in Bhubaneswar (Odia: ପଦାର୍ଥ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ଅନୁଷ୍ଠାନ ) is an autonomous research facility of the Ministry of Atomic Energy (DAE) of the Government of India. The institute was founded by Professor Bidhu Bhusan Das who was the director of public education in Odisha at the time. That founded the institute in 1972 with the support of the Odisha government under the auspices of Odisha's Minister of Education Banamali Patnaik and elected Dr. Trilochan Pradhan as the first director when the institute started theoretical research programs in the various fields of physics. Other notable physicists in the early days of the institute were Prof. TP Das from SUNY, Albany, New York, USA, and Prof. Jagdish Mohanty from the Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Kanpur and the Australian National University, Canberra. In 1981 the institute moved to its current campus near Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar. It was taken over by the Indian Ministry of Atomic Energy on March 25, 1985 and acted as an autonomous body.
The institute conducts research in theoretical and experimental physics.
Research areas in theoretical physics include condensed matter theory, nuclear and high energy physics. High-energy theorists at the IOP have contributions to field theories, phase transitions in the early universe, to cosmology, to the phenomena of the Planck scale, to string theory and to high-energy nuclear physics such as qgp, equation of state and nuclear astrophysics, neutron stars, high-energy phenomenology and the phenomenology of neutrino physics. In theoretical solid-state physics, research focuses on disordered systems, magnetism, superconductivity, low-dimensional systems, statistical physics, highly correlated systems, phase transitions, clusters, and nanomaterials.
The experimental physics group includes accelerator-based research for advanced chemical and radioisotope analysis. The ion beam laboratory (IBL) is equipped with a 3MV tandem accelerator (NEC 9SDH-2). Research at IBL includes Rutherford backscattering, particle-induced X-ray emission, accelerator mass spectrometry, channeling, ion implantation, surface modification and characterization, microbeam analysis, and nuclear reaction studies.
The Accelerator Mass Spectrometry Lab's 3 million volt NEC 9SDH-2 pelletron accelerator is a multidisciplinary research accelerator for various physical experiments. The experimental facilities available in the ion beam laboratory include accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) for radiocarbon dating, a micro-beam system and an external beam system. Other experimental facilities include an ESCA (electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis), HRTEM (high resolution transmission electron microscope), MBE (molecular beam epitaxy), cluster generator and nanomaterial research facility.
The institute regularly runs pre-doctoral (Master of Philosophy) and doctoral programs (PhD.) For doctoral students in physics. The coursework is intended to highlight the PhD students' skills in research and teaching.
Coordinates: 20.307191 ° N 85.830243 ° E. 20 ° 18'26 "N 85 ° 49'49" E. /. / 20.307191; 85.830243
- How do I get my deleted pictures back
- What color are Joan Crawford's eyes
- Has shared Veda Vyas Krishna Dwaipaayana Vedas
- What is an automatic transmission in motor vehicles
- How many survivors of the residential school are alive
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is too boring
- 1 Hz corresponds to the number of decibels
- What is the plural form of serious?
- What is the 1 free antivirus
- How do people lift their spirits
- When do cherry tomatoes ripen
- Can SMS messages be hacked?
- When is Tom Brady going to retire?
- Conducts coconut oil cooking oil electricity
- What is Agent 47's IQ
- How to Block Junk Mail
- Which film should be a remake
- What is meant by CAM path
- How much is gunpowder per bullet
- What is the most nutritious legume
- What is the pattern of the MAT exam
- Can write a four year old child
- Which US colleges and universities are accredited
- Is math not included in chemical engineering