What do Indonesian politicians do to life
The central government has been granting the districts more autonomy rights for around ten years. But the problems have only shifted. In many places, the upswing is bypassing the population.
M.A .; Studied Southeast Asian Studies, Indonesian Studies, Sociology and Thai Studies; currently doctoral candidate at the University of Hamburg; Member of the editorial board of "Zenith - Zeitschrift für den Orient". [email protected]
introductionThe demographic, political and economic center of Indonesia is located on the island of Java, which makes up only seven percent of the land mass of Indonesia, but on which just over half of the approximately 240 million inhabitants of Indonesia live. Here lies the capital Jakarta, a dynamic, pulsating metropolis of dizzying contrasts of bitter poverty next to glittering megamalls with an estimated 10 million inhabitants. Jabodetabek, as the rapidly growing urban metropolitan area of the cities of Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang and Bekasi is called, is home to over 22 million people. Four out of five cities in Indonesia with over two million inhabitants are also located on Java. Over 60 percent of Indonesia's gross domestic product is generated on Java alone.
Indonesia has had a significant regional disparity since the Dutch colonial era: In terms of demographic development, economic development, infrastructure and in the education and health sector, there is a clear imbalance between Java as Indonesia's center and the periphery, the so-called outer islands. When Suharto fell in the wake of the Asian crisis in 1998 and the era of Reformasi, the political reform process, was connected with the ambitious project of the political reorganization of Indonesia, especially in the peripheral regions outside of Java, high hopes for a policy that takes into account the regional differences and the ethnic diversity of the multi-ethnic state.
- What is the story of the muumuu
- Who are some great fingerstyle electric guitarists
- How to enable private browsing in RockMelt
- What is EBITDA? What does it mean?
- Which is not easy to say, but which is understood
- Which cool drink has more sugar?
- How is video game music evolving
- Are fancy restaurants worth the cost
- What is the plural possessive of woman
- How much is Groupon's email list worth
- What is the best 3D printer under 500
- What does criminal disposition mean
- Is nicotine a wonder drug
- How is PUBG different from Fortnite
- Are trading commissions tax deductible
- Would you recommend a visit to Puerto Rico
- What is the technology behind screen mirroring
- How is chemistry related to technology?
- Why don't Serbs like America and NATO?
- What do all problems have in common
- Should I exclaim occasional racism
- Can self-actualization heal mental disorders
- How is the third person in the narrative effective?
- What was it like to have smallpox?