Frankincense is more dangerous than cigarette smoke
smoke is an aerosol of gases, water droplets and soot particles in finely distributed (often colloidal) form, which is created by combustion processes. Depending on the cause, it may also contain other particles, e.g. oil droplets and mineral dust. Colloquially, thick, opaque and possibly dark smoke is referred to as smoke.
Areas of application of the smoke:
- Pest Control
- Preservation of food by smoking
- Communication (smoke signals)
- ceremonial use
- pyrotechnic smoke products
Controlled combustion usually takes place in closed containers (such as machines, stoves, and lamps) and the flue gases are released through a chimney or fan. In large industrial plants, the smoke is processed accordingly, so that, in addition to nitrogen, practically only water vapor and carbon dioxide leave the chimney.
Dangers of smoke
Smoke inhalation is a common cause of death in apartment fires. Death usually occurs as a result of a combination of thermal injuries with suffocation and lung irritation.
Most fire victims (in Germany 70%) have accidents at night, as a fire can usually be discovered and extinguished quickly during the day. At night, on the other hand, the sense of smell also sleeps, so that the victims are surprised in their sleep without noticing the dangerous combustion gases. That is why almost all fire deaths do not fall victim to the flames, but to the poisonous smoke gases that arise during the smoldering fire phase. In Germany, 95% of fire fatalities die as a result of smoke poisoning from the odorless gases carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide - even a few fillings of carbon monoxide are fatal.
So-called smoke alarms can warn potential victims, especially during sleep.
With regard to smoking, see also: tobacco smoke
- Portal fire department, black smoke, smog, incense, white smoke, smoke gas, smoke bomb, smoke ring
- Measurement of the poison gas cocktail in the event of a fire as well as other publications on the subject of fire and smoke spread, smoke, visibility, fire smoke density
- Which browser is better than Internet Explorer
- Why did Lucky Ali stop singing
- What is the beautiful island of Spain
- Every car wreck causes paralysis
- What is the Porter's Five Forces model
- What is your dream playground
- Why is the vampire myth so popular
- What is the JET exam
- What is an NA Element
- Is the art of humanity
- Which is the capital of Bihar 1
- Who makes PPU ammunition
- What products are made of pressed wood
- Can I order food online in Haldia
- What is the fulcrum of consciousness
- Where does saffron originally come from?
- How can I change my old clothes?
- Which island has the clearest water?
- Are car umbrellas allowed or legal
- Would you be friends with Donald Trump
- Makes you stop dreaming marijuana, why
- Is geography racist
- Is thiocyanate basic or acidic
- What should I do after ECE engineering