What is the scope of the PHP language
PHP programming language: this is why the scripting language is so popular
PHP programming language: this is why the scripting language is so popular
PHP is of course a scripting language. In this post, however, it is also referred to as in the title for the sake of simplicity.
In the article some information about what you can do with this programming language.
Why should you use this technology?
PHP has proven itself over the past few years. It is the de facto standard for developing web applications.
There is hardly any other programming language that is so common.
There are also many developers who are familiar with this scripting language.
Typically, web experts also use the following things in this context:
- MySQL / MongoDB: Different database solutions
- HTML / CSS
Frameworks such as:
Laravel in particular has grown in importance in recent years. Such frameworks simplify working with PHP and also contain important components such as security measures and the like.
Many shop systems and content management systems also run on it.
Here are some to know:
WordPress, TYPO3, Magento and Shopware are particularly widespread. Each of these technologies is based on PHP.
That alone shows the suitability for the development of web solutions.
Software development with it
There are also many software companies that have programmed web applications with it and offer them to their customers.
Well-known examples are Facebook and Wikipedia.
However, there are also providers from German-speaking countries who work with this programming language.
- Blog2Social: This is a software company from Germany that offers a PHP-based WordPress plugin. The company has around 10 employees.
These are just two examples out of a great many.
Advantage: free use possible
Unlike, for example, .NET technologies, you can use the full range of PHP technologies free of charge. There are no licenses. The cost savings can be very high if, for example, a large number of people use the software.
For comparison: if you were to develop software with .NET, for example, you would in many cases have to purchase a monthly license for each user.
The free use also applies to a certain extent to the other technologies such as Magento, WordPress, etc. Everywhere you can write extensions and use the software at no additional cost.
Which companies are using it?
In addition to software companies, the following groups also use it:
- Agencies: Internet and advertising agencies use PHP to implement web applications at their customer companies. It is not uncommon for them to develop their own content management systems and make them available to customers. WordPress and TYPO3 are other standards that are widely used.
- Online shop provider: There are a large number of small to medium-sized online shops that offer their goods on the Internet. They often programmed their shops with PHP in order to be more flexible in their development. Almost all applications can be created without restrictions.
- IT service provider: This programming language is also used by IT service providers. A lot of backend programming can be done with it. For example, for the implementation of interfaces (APIs) and the like.
- SME: Small and medium-sized companies often have smaller intranets and websites running, with which they offer their customers different product solutions. The classic are still websites with product configurators.
- Freelancer: Many freelancers work with the above companies to provide programming services. Often, however, they also use the technology to write extensions for WordPress and similar solutions.
How does it perform compared to other solutions?
PHP is said to not perform as well as other programming languages.
However, it also depends on the requirements. This scripting language is sufficient in 90 percent of the cases.
Other approaches are only necessary in around 10 percent of the applications. Here are a few alternatives:
- Java: In the banking and insurance sector, powerful and very secure applications are required. Here you can work with Java. This can also be used to implement web solutions.
- Python: If you want to implement very large programs in which a lot of data is to be processed online, then Python is an interesting method. Search engines like Google work with it.
- Ruby on Rails: Ruby is also very powerful. Medium-sized applications can also be implemented with it.
- C # .NET: IT departments of large corporations often have programs that run on C # .NET. In the web area there is also ASP.NET as a possible option.
Programmers who are familiar with PHP are available worldwide. This is also due to the fact that the hypertext preprocessor (as it is also called) has been in use for several decades.
In addition, a developer who works with it does not necessarily have to be on site. He can also sit in Pakistan or India, for example.
It is not uncommon for teams to consist of global units, some of which are based in Germany and others in South Asia.
In this way, you can benefit not only from additional development capacities, but also from lower cost structures.
Where is the journey going?
The rise of the Laravel framework, in particular, has allowed technology to rise again.
It is considered sexy to work with this programming language again.
In terms of performance and security, it can now keep up with technologies such as Ruby on Rails.
It is therefore worthwhile to become a PHP programmer. Also because it serves as the basis for most shop systems and content management systems.
You can also find jobs globally, be it in the USA, Canada, Switzerland, or even in India.
The technology is very widespread these days and it covers around 90 percent of all web application requirements. Only when you really need large and fast applications do you have to rely on solutions such as Java or C #.
The need for the PHP programming language will therefore not decrease in the coming period. On the contrary, it is very likely that more and more professionals are needed who are familiar with it.
It is also relatively easy to write the first programs with it. This makes it relatively easy to get started. This is a little different with .NET solutions.
What are your experiences?
An introduction to PHP
More about this programming language at IT-Treff.de
The author: Sascha Thattil works at YUHIRO and helps entrepreneurs and companies to easily set up programming teams in India. YUHIRO is a German-Indian company which provides IT companies, agencies and IT departments with software developers.By author on July 31, 2019 / PHP, programming / 2 Comments
- What do homeowners buy
- Who is the richest app programmer
- Has anyone bought GTA5 from Flipkart
- Why are gullible people bullied the most?
- Who is the most efficient tennis player
- Which potassium level is dangerous?
- What is the molecular geometry of c2h6
- What is the definition of gold credit
- What is genome therapy
- Why are Conservatives against environmental regulations
- Has anyone ever had a buddha experience
- Which startup internship should I choose?
- Why are there so many mediocre restaurants
- Are tiles waterproof
- What are your plans for a BSc
- Are bipolar and schizophrenia curable
- Deadpool is a lesbian
- What is ferrous metallurgy
- Who are Osiris Therapeuticss's top three competitors
- Do directors drop out on vacation
- How do I use an internet proxy
- Can people harm you Why
- How is an audio book created
- Which are Sai Pallavi's most popular films
- Racism can sometimes benefit both races
- What should everyone know about music
- Helps Taurine Stop Cluster Headaches
- What is Android architecture
- Can lifting weights help with cardio
- Why did Apple start developing the watch
- What are some cool engagement party ideas
- What is an automatic transmission in motor vehicles
- What is the GST rate washer