Is Yakult really healthy
Yakult: Yakult Original
Yakult uses pseudo-science to pretend that his drink is a miracle cure for intestinal health. But Yakult is above all one thing: a brazen rip-off for 8.40 euros per liter. Effects on health have not been scientifically proven. In addition, there is almost nine grams of sugar in a mini bottle.
Yakult avoids making clear health-related claims and instead chooses cloudy formulations that suggest positive effects on health - and for good reason: Because health-related claims on so-called probiotics are inadmissible due to the so-called EU Health Claims Regulation. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has so far given a negative rating to all tested advertising claims on probiotics. A request from Yakult to use health-related advertising claims was also denied. There is therefore no scientific evidence of a health-promoting effect.
"The little bottle of science"
Nevertheless, Yakult advertises its milk drink with the claim “The small bottle of science”. The packaging says: “Each small bottle contains at least 6.5 billion unique Shirota lactic acid bacteria. The special thing: the Shirota bacteria reach the intestines alive. ”On the website, Yakult describes the bacteria as“ valuable ”and describes the Yakult corporate philosophy:“ We make a contribution to the health and satisfaction of people in the world - through our expertise in the Science and especially through our research and experience in the field of microorganisms ”. The company gives a drinking recommendation that is reminiscent of medicine: "It is important that you drink Yakult regularly, preferably daily."
Does Yakult deserve the golden cream puff, the award for the most brazen advertising lie of the year?
This is how Yakult reacts
Yakult justifies itself in a statement by stating that health claims are permitted for the product in four countries around the world. Yakult also implicitly admits that the EU authorities have not yet been able to scientifically prove an effect - even though the “unique” bacterial strain from Yakult has been researched for 85 years.
- What does an online writing service have
- What is matter wave 3
- What are some good books on Rothschild
- What are the best mom jeans 1
- Where do I backup my website files
- Will the Internet ever deliver on its promise?
- Should I go to Africa
- Is it legal to trade cryptocurrencies online in India?
- What is the correct sales commission
- How good is Scrivener
- How can you get less vague?
- Can a mechanical engineer design a car?
- What do you know about Makassar
- What is Christine McVie famous for?
- What are some catchy songs about science
- What happens when you freeze brownies
- Is Jungian analytical psychology Biblical
- Why don't we use antimatter to generate energy?
- What is prenatal care
- Has Zayn Malik left Islam
- Do video games really count as exercise
- More people die
- What is Conceptualism in Metaphysics
- Is the Clone Wars film Canon