Elio engines will be successful
Small car for 5000 euros : Elio in economy mode
Elio Motors wants to bring a small car onto the market that only uses three liters of fuel per 100 kilometers and costs just 5000 euros. For this purpose, the company from Phoenix in the US state of Arizona has developed an idiosyncratic two-seater with three wheels, which is powered by a three-cylinder gasoline engine with 40 kW / 55 PS. Since the Elio weighs only 500 kilograms, it should be able to drive over 160 km / h and accelerate from a standstill to 100 km / h in just under ten seconds.
In contrast to European fuel-saving models, Elio Motors does not use expensive components such as hybrid batteries or body parts made of carbon. Instead, the engineers rely on a conventional plastic body and tried-and-tested components from other vehicles.
Tagesspiegel Background Traffic & Smart Mobility
E-mobility, transport policy and the mobility of the future: The briefing on transport and smart mobility. For decision-makers and experts from business, politics, associations, science and NGOs.Free test now!
Start of production in autumn 2015
The seat, for example, comes from the Ford Mustang and the steering wheel from the Chevrolet Camaro. And because company founder Paul Elio has chosen a radically simplified manufacturing principle, a base price of 6,800 US dollars is possible - that's a little more than 5,000 euros.
After almost six years of development, the Elio is due to go into production in the USA next fall. Although there is allegedly also great interest from abroad, the car is reserved for the home market for 2015 and 2016. "After that we are also thinking about exporting to Europe," says sales manager Brendan Carey. (dpa)
- What does in-depth knowledge mean
- How is EE in IIT Jammu
- Who was Littlefinger Petyr Baelish's downfall
- How to say smile in Cantonese
- Is emotion a product of the ego
- What are some ancient languages
- The Blue Whale Challenge is still alive
- Forms lithium hydrated salt
- IDBI Bank is privatized
- What armor do Spartan III
- How can I increase the hotel WiFi speed
- How do I overcome kidney damage
- Vaadagai is purely Tamil
- How do you start a copywriting agency
- Why doesn't Amazon sell foreign language titles?
- How fast is mach 4
- India’s bullet train will run on time
- What kind of things don't change
- What is your opinion on holistic therapy
- How many medals has Gabby Douglas won
- Can I have your Instagram ID
- What was needed to make E mc2
- What is a colonial person
- Will Netflix overcome Bollywood in the near future