What total antivirus security for the home
Heavier antivirus slowing down Windows
We can analyze the various antivirus programs on the market ourselves at any time. However, this is not exactly an efficient or precise practice. The best we can do is to resort to specialized platforms like AV-Comparatives, which allow us to learn in detail about the effects of certain security software on our PC.
Recently this company released its new one Security reports for the most popular antivirus on the market. Thanks to them, we can know which AVs are using the most resources, make our PC slower, and which ones work best on our computer. Next we will see them in detail.
Antivirus analyzed and tested
This security company has taken the lead Antivirus programs the market to test their performance in the same environment. The company decided to test an Intel i7 system with 8 GB RAM and SSD with Windows 10 version 1909 64-bit. The following safety programs were analyzed:
- avast Free AV20.8
- AVG Free Antivirus 20.8
- Avira AV Pro 15.0
- Bitdefender Internet security 25.0
- ESET Internet Security 14.0
- F-Secure SAFE 17.8
- G DATA Internet Security 25.5
- K7 total security 16.0
- Kaspersky Internet security 21.1
- McAfee Total Protection 23.4
- Microsoft Windows Defender 4.18
- NortonLifeLock Norton 360 Deluxe 22.20
- Panda Free Antivirus 20.0
- Overall AV Pro 5.8
- Total Defense Essential Antivirus 12.0
- Trend Micro Internet Security 17.0
- VIPRE Advanced Security 11.0
And the tests that were done to measure the results of each one were:
- Copy files.
- Archive / Unarchive.
- Install / uninstall programs.
- Run programs.
- Download files.
- Browse websites.
- PC Mark 10.
Results: Which security software is slowing down my PC?
In general Nowadays all antivirus programs are very well optimized . The impact on PC performance is minimal, so the safest thing to do is to ensure that we do not have any problems using the computer. However, is this really the case for everyone?
Most of the antivirus programs that AV-Comparatives have analyzed easily meet the performance standards. The impact is minimal. With the exception of three antivirus programs.
Norton and Total defense are the two security software that, while not having much of an impact, lag behind the other, especially when it comes to the most basic tasks like copying files and archiving data.
However, the one with the worst score was Windows Defender , Microsoft, the free antivirus that comes by default in Windows 10. The performance data leaves a lot to be desired, especially when working with all file types. This should make us wonder whether this free antivirus is really worth it, or whether it still makes sense to go with third-party security software to this day.
The truth is that the tests were run on a version of Windows a year ago, which can affect the results. However, we didn't expect Microsoft's antivirus to be this low. We hope the company will put the batteries in and reinforce the Achilles heel of this software.
We can see in more detail the results obtained by each of the antivirus programs from Kuyichi Signs Transparency Pledge. .
- BASIC is still used today
- What is a subpoena
- What does gender crossing mean
- Are polymers viscoelastic below the glass transition temperature
- Who are Quora's most active topic gnomes
- Can't water come out of clouds
- Progress is the ultimate motivator
- What does circulation mean
- How can I relieve anxiety by breathing
- What are the needs for cash
- Should I leave my partner or stay?
- How do I found a startup company
- What are the basics of knowledge
- Why are artists so important 1
- Where should I take my CCNA course
- What is the sharpest photo lens
- What happens if I marry a Canadian
- Is CSE really a tough branch
- When will Richmond Indiana recover
- How Google links previous AdWords accounts
- Which animal has the coolest hunting tactics?
- How many types of vehicles
- What do you know about Marmaduke Pickthall
- What looks best on tall, skinny teenagers