How did Roger Federer reinvent himself?
On launches the first shoe from the collaboration with Roger Federer
Last November it was announced that Roger Federer will become a co-owner of the Swiss sports brand On. Since then, sports fans have been waiting eagerly to see what comes onto the market with the help of the Swiss tennis legend. The first product has now been unveiled: THE ROGER, «a tennis-inspired high-tech sneaker», comes onto the market.
Made from vegan leather
Unsurprisingly at first: the tennis sneaker, like all other products from the manufacturer, is based on the award-winning CloudTec® sole from On. But both in terms of appearance and material, the shoe differs greatly from the previous range.
THE ROGER is made from vegan leather. When it comes to material consumption, care has been taken to keep this as low as possible. Just like the ecological footprint: thanks to the leather alternative, the environmental footprint should only be a third of what conventional animal leather would leave behind.
The goal of Federer and On was to reinvent the classic sneaker and give it a fashionable and functional upgrade with the help of modern technology. According to his own statement, Federer was able to contribute a lot of his experience as a top athlete. But his personal interest in fashion also came into play during product development.
"On's many years of experience in performance design, coupled with the ideas of our new team-mate, has produced a great shoe - and we had a lot of fun with it," On co-founder David Allemann is quoted in the official media release.
Federer's collaboration, as well as the fact that the shoe is limited to only 1000 pairs, will make the sneaker particularly popular with tennis fans.
Today from 10 a.m., Roger Federer and On's sneakers will be unveiled in a full-day live event. The date, July 6, 2020, is anything but arbitrary: It marks the 17th anniversary of Federer's first Wimbledon victory.
By the way, who is allowed to purchase THE ROGER, decides the lot. Worldwide you can register online for the purchase from now until July 8th 10:01 am. An indefinite number will later be available exclusively in stores at Dover Street Market for CHF 310.
- Were the presidential elections in Nigeria 2019 rigged
- What is Raymond Muehle for sale
- How were Sioux houses built
- Why should I join IIT Guwahati
- How will AI shape our future
- Did someone make juice quickly
- What do you know about habitat
- What do prisons do to drug addicts
- What is fishing
- Which condition is least important
- What are Acca Approved Financial Calculators
- How to Make Mexican Chicken
- Which is more acidic NO or N2O
- How fast is a frigate
- Greedy people care about others
- How can you make money with Alluva
- What is a car change used for?
- What is top level management
- What is the purpose of VLOOKUP
- Unsalted butter can be substituted for butter
- How do we turn gases into liquids
- Common Lisp is dead 2017
- Which Tolkien character would Trump be
- How can I pass 98 381 braindumps