What language do the Kuwaites speak
Countries where Arabic is spoken
Origin and dialectsThe Arabic language comes from the Afro-Asian language family and has its origins in the Arabian Peninsula. The oldest written records date from the 5th to 4th century BC. Besides the pure native speakers, Arabic is spoken by over 400 million people as a second or foreign language. It is therefore one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. The Koran gave it a meaning that lasted around 1400 years and is used far beyond the borders of what was then Arabia.
Like most languages, Arabic is divided into different dialects. With the spread of Islam in the 7th and 8th centuries, numerous widely dispersed communities emerged, which in turn changed the language over time or allowed influences from formerly regional languages. Often the dialects differ only slightly in the written forms, but rather in the pronunciation. Persian, Aramaic and Greek, for example, had a great influence. In the last two centuries, many loanwords from English and French have also been added. Some of the dialects are similar in writing to one another, but their pronunciation is not understandable even for native speakers of Arabic. The geographical classification alone is based on over 2 dozen dialects.
Arabic script and alphabetThe Arabic script consists of 29 characters and consists only of consonants and long vowels. It is written from right to left. Similar to the Latin script, the Arabic script is a current script, i.e. a writing style in which the pen is only rarely lifted and the letters are connected to one another. Due to this little interruption of the lines and the increasing number of letters over time, additional dots were added above and below the consonants from the 800 century AD in order to better distinguish them from one another.
A peculiarity of the Arabic script goes back to the prohibition of images in Islam: Instead of depicting things artistically, they shifted to script and developed numerous calligraphy scripts. This is how the elegant inscriptions on religious buildings were created.
- Mobile operating systems Tizen vs Android
- Why aren't plastics recycled back into petroleum?
- The Beachbody affiliate program is worth it
- What happens to ATP during glycolysis
- Which car has the best sounding engine?
- Which color name ends with e
- What do you mean by a good conductor
- What is Kundabuffer Organ
- Obama was seen as a weak president
- What is the purpose of a chandelier
- How would you react to this tenant
- Which is the hardest metalloid
- How do I forget someone 1
- What's your favorite '80s pleasure
- Could I be a model 1
- What are some battle noises in the anime
- Apple iPad is good for gaming
- Do Germans have something to stare at
- Sell something on Fiverr
- Which birth control pills are carcinogenic?
- Are there free sites for making games
- What is the trend in computer technology
- The Germans call their BMW Bimmer
- What is the chemical structure of fluvoxamine