What was 9 11
September 11, 2001 20 years after 9/11 - history, background, books
Few events shook the world as much as the attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001 in New York. The background at a glance.
Clock • Ulm
At the September 11, 2021 is the next anniversary of the tragic Terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center (WTC). Also 20 years after the attacks of September 11, 2001 the pictures have lost none of their horror and are in new York to be omnipresent again. Terrorists terrified the world with four hijacked airliners. More than 3000 people died in the accident. The background to the event, as well as for reporting, weekday and book at a glance.
20 years after 9/11: Biden withdraws US troops from Afghanistan
US PresidentJoe Biden wants to be 20 years after the 9/11 attacks troops out Afghanistan pull off. It should start on 1st of May. When making the announcement, the US President stated that the mission's original mission was "accomplished". “It's time to end America's longest war. It is time for the American troops to come home. ”He had previously emphasized“ to end the eternal wars in Afghanistan and the Middle East ”.
However, experts warn that if Afghanistan withdraws prematurely, it will fall back into a Civil war could slide off. The goal of preventing terrorists from serving as a refuge in Afghanistan has been achieved, they said U.S. government. The internal conflicts in Afghanistan could not be resolved by foreign soldiers.
That means that too Out for the Afghanistan mission of Nato. Without the USA, Germany and the other allies and partner states would not be ready to continue their engagement without the USA. Biden emphasized that the withdrawal would take place in a safe manner and in coordination with the allies.
The troops should be until Pull off September 11, 2021: The terrorist attacks in New York and Washington will then be the anniversary of the 20 times. They were the trigger for the US-led military operation in Afghanistan and the terrorist network Al-Qaeda. The war began in October 2001. Soon after, the Taliban regime fell.
September 11, 2001: day of the week and chronology of events
At the Tuesday September 11th 2001 had 19 al-Qaeda terrorists almost simultaneously four passenger planes hijacked and headed for destinations in the USA:
- Around 8:45 a.m. local time the first of the planes crashes into the northern tower of the World Trade Center in New York. The cause is initially unclear, the press and security authorities suspect an accident at this point in time.
- Around 09:05 am A second plane crashes into the South tower of the building. From then on it became clear: it is one terrorist attack. Both 417 meter high towers on the southern tip of Manhattan are in flames and clouds of smoke envelop the whole district.
- US President George W. Bush speaks to the press of a "national tragedy" and an "obvious terrorist attack".
- Already at 09:43 am Local time, that crashes third hijacked plane on the Pentagon and destroyed parts of the Department of Defense. Then the White House evacuated. The airspace over the USA will also be closed and civil aircraft will no longer be allowed to take off.
- Around 10:07 amthe south tower collapses of the World Trade Center. About twenty minutes later the north tower also collapses.
- Around At 10:42 am, a fourth machine crashes near the city of Pittsburgh. Their destination was apparently the White House in Washington. However, passengers were able to thwart the attack.
In total, more than 3,000 people died in the attacks of September 11th, and twice as many were injured. After the attacks, US President George W. Bush proclaimed one "War on Terror". This included political, legal and military steps against international terrorism after the attacks of September 11, 2001.
Former President Barack Obama reiterated instead of this catchphrase "Persistent efforts against networks of extremists"who threaten America to undertake. According to a study by the IPPNW, well over a million people were killed in the “war on terror”.
September 11th: Who was behind the attacks?
Immediately after the aircraft hit the twin towers of the World Trade Center Osama bin Laden and the radical Islamic terrorist organization he founded Al Qaeda as an assassin under suspicion.
A total of 19 kidnappers were investigated by the FBI after the attacks. They came from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon. Their motives were belief in one Jewish world conspiracy, the picture of a imperialist westwho colonize and humble the Islamic world as well as the hate on that of the globalization generated worldwide social injustice. This was especially true of, in their eyes, “unbelieving” nations: the United States.
For years, Osama bin Laden was one of the FBI's most wanted targets. Only in the Night May 2nd, 2011 shot dead US soldiers in Bin Laden during the USPresident Barack Obama ordered storming of his property in Pakistan.
Anniversary 9/11: memory of the victims
Find on September 11th annually Commemorations held in honor of the victims of the attacks. In New York, the Names of the 2791 peoplewho died there in the attack, read out by their relatives in alphabetical order.
At the site of the World Trade Center there is now a memorial - the National September 11 Memorial and Museum (also known as the 9/11 Memorial or the 9/11 Memorial Museum).
The memorial commemorates the approximately 3,000 victims of the 2001 terrorist attacks and the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. The site of the former World Trade Center was used as a Ground zero known. The memorial pavilion was opened on September 12th. The museum was finally inaugurated on May 15, 2014 in the presence of President Barack Obama. Since May 21, 2014 is it for that Publicity accessible.
September 11, 2001: reporting
The 9/11 attack was an unprecedented crime. The reporting the tragedy was an unprecedented challenge for the media. Tagesschau.de documents excerpts from the reporting on September 11, 2001. On YouTube there is also a summary of how the Tagesschau reported on the accident.
Youtube8 p.m. Tagesschau 11.09.2001
September 11, 2001: Books
There are also numerous related to the sad event literature to the backgrounds and episodes as well Novels with fictional protagonists. These are some of the most famous works:
- Cordt Schnibben, Stefan Aust (2003): September 11th: story of a terrorist attack
- Bernd Greiner (2011): 9/11. The day, the fear, the consequences
- Michael Butter, Birte Christ, Patrick Keller (2011.): 9/11. Not a day that changed the world.
- Till Karmann, Simon Wendt et al. (2016.): The turning point of 9/11? A transatlantic balance sheet.
- Michael Bothe (2003): September 11th - causes and consequences
- Christoph Kucklick (2001): September 11, 2001. The day that changed the world. The planning, the process, the consequences. All the background to the disaster.
- Don DeLillo (2007): Falling Man
- Frédéric Beigbeder (2003): Windows on the World
- Jonathan Safran Foer (2005): Extremely loud and incredibly close
- Katharina Hacker (2006): The have-nots
- Nell Zink (2020): The Song of Songs
- Eat lions vultures or vice versa
- Can the sulfites in wine cause cancer?
- How do psychopaths experience an MDMA comedown
- How did Jack Black get famous
- May Capricorn men Pisces women
- Which audio transcription services are you using
- How is Pioneer's home audio
- How many wars did Mohammed wage
- Show the children of celebrities
- Who can join TCS Ignite How
- Who can beat Wonder Woman
- What is the name of 1000 terabytes
- Can hypnosis help me learn
- Do car headlight cleaning kits really work?
- Is Cuba a great place to visit
- How do I unzip a WordPress theme
- How do lysogenic and lytic cycles differ?
- How much computer time is too much
- What does word kudos mean in English
- Who are you missing right now
- Which companies offer HRMS software in Dubai
- What's the best part of lasagna
- Are home solar generators worth the money