The ACT test will change this year
What will change in the Medicine 2020 selection process?
As of January 1, 2020, the universities' new selection process for the courses in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and pharmacy will be introduced. You can find out in detail what is changing here.
Posted by Hannah Tebartz on November 5th, 2019 | 32 comments
As you probably already know, the universities' selection process for courses is changing Medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and pharmacy from 2020. If you are completely unclear about the details of the changes to the selection process and the new application criteria, then you should read this article very carefully.
News, changes - phew, that sounds like one thing above all: more work in the application process. The next article tries to clarify whether this is the case and what exactly will change.
Table of Contents
The 2020 master plan will be valid from January 1st, 2020!
Almost exactly a year ago, on December 6, 2018, the Standing Conference of Ministers of Education (KMK) in the context of general changes to theMaster plan 2020. A wide variety of changes in medical studies were decided, from changes in the practical year to the application in the above-mentioned subjects. The changes are effective from January 1, 2020 valid and for the first time affect all applications for the Summer semester 2020.
However, the changes will not be introduced in one fell swoop, which is probably not technically possible, but there will be a transition period of two years (2020/21) during which the new application process will start and then come into full effect from 2022. The problem is that it is very difficult to find valid information and meaningful statements in order to find out what specific changes you have to expect. The information that is available, however, is summarized below.
The changes to the medical selection process
- The percentage of different odds in the medicine selection process will change. Accordingly, the Best school leaving qualification increased to 30%, the selection process remains the same with 60% and the Waiting time quota with the original 20% will be abolished. A so-called "Talent quota"Or" additional aptitude quota ", which is independent of the Abitur grades. More details on the different odds later.
|30%||High school graduation|
|60%||University selection process|
|10%||additional aptitude quota|
Distribution of the three quotas for admission: 10% best school leaving qualification quota (ABQ), 30% additional aptitude quota (ZEQ), 60% university admission quota (AdH)
- The Location preference will no longer apply. Up until now it was the case that you could only apply for a certain number of universities and that you had to give them a weighted order. If you got a place at the first university mentioned, you were out for the procedures of the other universities. Many universities had as a criterion that you could only get a study place with them if you had put them at number one or two on the list. Now it is no longer necessary. So you can apply to more universities than before and also have the chance to get a place at universities that are listed later. However, the prioritization still plays a role to the extent that universities can include them in the selection as a filter criterion.
- The application is posted to the general study application portal "DoSV " (Dialog-oriented service process) integrated. Re-applicants have to link their old "AntON account" to the new portal.
- It will be possible to yourself to apply for human, veterinary and dental medicine as well as pharmacy at the same time, that was not the case before.
The various quotas of the selection process in detail
1. Best school graduation rate
This will be increased by 10% and will amount to 30%. So it could be that the Abitur grade with which you still get a place in this quota will decrease somewhat.
2. University selection process
At 60%, the study places in this quota represent the largest group, as before. Since you are on our website and are probably looking for information about the TMS or the HAM-Nat, your goal will be a study place with this quota to get hold of. There will be some innovations here.
In addition to the Abitur grade the universities still have to two further independent criteria include in the selection. Which criteria these are depends on the country and the university. So you have to find out exactly which university is important to what.
The two criteria that are independent of the Abinote can be, for example:
- Completed vocational training or an FSJ.
- Your TMS test result. It can be assumed that every university will introduce the TMS as one of the two criteria. So the importance of the test result will become even more important.
At the moment, it can be assumed that the various criteria will each receive different points and that in the end the applicants with the highest scores for the specific university will receive the study place. The maximum score will be 100 points. This means that your TMS result is converted into a point value, your Abinote and, for example, your professional training. It is best to have practiced arithmetic again when applying.
Some universities that previously had special selection procedures, such as Münster, Mainz and Berlin, will deviate from the original concept from 2020 and "only" include the TMS and other criteria in the decision. The HAM-Nat but should continue to be written in Magdeburg and Hamburg.
3. Talent quota or additional aptitude quota
With 10% it represents the smallest group. In order to create a consolation for applicants who wanted to get a study place through the waiting time quota, the number of waiting semesters will be remunerated for another two years with a certain number of points, but from 2022 it will be completely abolished. In this quota you can reach 100 points again, which you can collect in different categories. Most of the points here are probably also awarded via the TMS result.
Conclusion: Your TMS result plays a decisive role in the selection process!
As you may have noticed, a good TMS score with the new system in the selection and talent rate is required to get a good overall score. Therefore, we at the MedGurus assume that the number of people who will write the TMS each year will continue to grow.
Overall, however, it is very difficult to make valid predictions for the next few years. All statements regarding the points to be achieved in a particular university are speculative. Past experiences offer only vague indications. After a certain period of time, certain forecasts will be made based on the previous years, but that is not yet the case.
As soon as there is more information about the new application process, we will of course inform you about it. So, take a deep breath, because all the other applicants are in the same boat and don't yet know exactly what to expect. We at the MedGurus are also excited to see where the journey will go.
Calculate your chances of getting a study place with our UniRanking tool
With our new UniRanking tool, you can easily calculate your chances of getting a study place. The results are sorted by quota and show you with a traffic light system where you have the highest chances of admission.
Try UniRanking now
Is something still unclear to you or you would like to ask Hannah something? Then feel free to post your comment!
Back to all articles
- What starts with the perfect day
- Are raisins healthy for weight loss
- Pointe is bad for your feet
- Why did you choose to hire?
- How do the personal injury regulations work 1
- Why are plastics thrown into the ocean
- Can we boot the PC live
- Stage actors tend to exaggerate more
- Why did Pakistan banned Indian films
- How does THC attack cancer
- Should I join Oracle by leaving Samsung?
- What is carbon farming
- Can a 16 year old fast
- Where are peregrine falcons found
- Is homebrewing inexpensive
- How do humans become animals
- Does the earth really need sustainable energy
- What is the best advice for a criminal
- What makes Italian pasta so good
- Why are thought experiments important in philosophy
- What are the most popular IFTTT recipes
- Good websites for cryptocurrency news
- How does science influence us?
- How can I untangle my natural hair
- What is the Form 106 of the ICAI
- Facetime has a recording function
- Mozzarella cheese has lactose
- Are there cheaper alternatives for dental implants
- Where can I learn SMO
- Which band sang the song Crank That
- What fruit begins with humans
- Are there any rechargeable batteries for the Arlo?
- Who is the BITSAT 2017 Topper
- How will I be thin?