What can I learn before bed
Brain hack: is it possible to study while you sleep?
While sleeping, most of the body's functions are in sleep mode, but not the brain. It only really comes into its top form overnight, as impressions acquired during the day have to be sorted and, if necessary, saved.
More on this: Lifelong learning: Are you still learning?
How does the brain work during sleep?
Researchers were able to identify three important mechanisms in sleep:
- By reactivating certain nerve cells, new memory contents are played out over and over again and ultimately consolidated. This so-called "replay" makes information easier to call up the next day.
- The second mechanism concerns the separation of the important and the unimportant.
- The information that makes it into long-term memory is linked to existing memories.
The criteria according to which the brain decides which content is worth remembering and which can be forgotten has not been fully clarified. But: Anyone who repeats what they have learned the night before gives this information a priority that the brain takes into account. Very emotional memories are equally more likely to be stored than others.
Our brain also learns during sleep, but only the content that has been internalized beforehand. You can't learn new things in your sleep.Even if many have already tried: Placing a book under the pillow does not lead to success.
More on this: Sleep disorders: Parents suffer up to 6 years after birth
How to use sleep properly
If you want to learn particularly effectively, you should make sure you get enough sleep. In order to memorize a lot, it is best to study in the morning: The energy stores are still full and the brain is receptive. After all, the brain consumes around 20 percent of the energy supplied.
If you want to memorize something in the long term, you should review the content again and again and repeat the essentials again before going to bed. The brain also needs plenty of oxygen for restful sleep. Before going to bed, ventilate the bedroom well.
In this sense: Open the window and good night!
More on this: Have a good rest and still tired?
Editor at netdoktor.at
- How do you get someone to trust
- The GST applies to remedial classes
- What are the functions of antibodies
- What is the taste of breast milk
- What can affect perceived security
- What is the result of inbreeding depression
- Which companies carry out location analyzes
- What do you think of Michael Burger
- Are black and white shades of gray
- What's in 1 + e
- How much money can an ATM store
- What is an art exhibition technique
- Why are crossfit gyms so expensive
- What do you think of drone attacks
- Coffee can cause mental health problems
- How much does the Ahrefs tool cost
- What caused the asteroid disaster
- Which networks work best in India
- Which religion has the most demons
- Chocolate makes us fat
- How do fundraisers make money
- Are square business cards cool or annoying
- What is an ecommerce framework
- What price can Stratis possibly achieve
- How do polyester and plastic differ?
- What's the shit marijuana users say
- What is the composition of polypropylene
- Will hookah smoke turn on the smoke alarm
- How did Allen Iverson go bankrupt
- Why did you switch video game consoles
- Why are there few taxpayers in India?
- How does a resistance work
- Is the food safe to eat
- Non-Indonesians know about Majapahit