How to say smile in Cantonese
Phonetic transcription (Hanyu Pinyin)
Listen to the pronunciation
(accent-free Mandarin = standard Chinese)
You are listening to the pronounciation of a Chinese native speaker, not a synthetic speech output.
smile, smile (at), laugh
Chinese character and Stroke order"How do I write 笑 (xiào) correctly?"
The strokes that make up every Chinese character must be written in a specific order according to the rules of calligraphy. This standardized way of writing ensures that the characters look the way they should.
This dictionary shows you the correct one for all individual characters Stroke order as animation. This will teach you the character to write correctly. :
The traditional Chinese characters ("traditional characters") of xiào are with the modern characters shown above ("abbreviations") identical.
Chinese example pinyin sentence with 笑 (xiao / xiào) ⓘHow to write correctly in pinyin
Before using this example sentence from Pinyin, please keep in mind that when communicating in writing, the chinese characters should always be your first choice.
If that is not possible, it is preferable to use the pinyin phonetic transcription with tone signals. On the spelling without tone you should only use it if there is no other option (for example, writing an SMS from / to a mobile phone that cannot use special characters such as ā, í, ŏ, ù).
Well ye haizi dou buyueertong de xiao le.Nà jĭgè háizi dōu bùyuēértóng de xiào le.
- German meaning: The children all laughed at the same time.
Complexity of this character
笑 consists of 10 lines and is therefore of medium complexity compared to the other simplified Chinese characters (average: 13.1 strokes).
Tags and additional information
(Radicals, meanings of single signs, compounds etc.)
笑 (xiao / xiào) is one of the 500 in the Chinese-speaking area on most common used Single characters (Place 214)
Report missing or erroneous translation of xiao in English
Write us! Your feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome.
You may also be interested in ...
All content is protected by copyright | Contact & Imprint | Data protection
Version 5.30 / Last update: 2020-09-30
- Why did copyrights and patents expire
- Where do I submit small claims
- What was Hitler's plan after world domination
- Which is more covalent CuCl or CuCl2
- Covers Kaiser TMS
- Why is product positioning important
- Plays Paul Ryan against Donald Trump
- IQ testers are geniuses
- Is IPTV illegal in Canada
- How do I update my piano skills
- Why did you go to college
- Are fake interviews really on the scene?
- What is a Trump Sandwich
- Wonder Woman was the first superhero
- Which batteries are best for Xbox controllers?
- Is peace a goal
- What is NMOS
- What is the name of your Facebook page
- What is the deadliest tree
- How was the genocide carried out in Rwanda
- What are the opportunities in EEE these days
- Is leadership a title or a position
- How do I remove acne without medication
- A baseball bat would stop a ball