What are sleep studies conducted for?
Clinical Trial Information
What is a clinical trial?
In a clinical study, a method is systematically tested in diagnostics or therapy (e.g. drugs, other forms of treatment, medical products, laboratory analyzes).
In the field of therapy studies, a distinction is made between interventional studies (a measure is systematically tested according to the test plan) and non-interventional studies and registry studies (observation of a standard therapy).
The plan for carrying out the study is determined by the study director and checked by an independent ethics committee for safety, benefits and risks for the study participants.
What is the goal of a clinical study?
A clinical study is carried out with the aim of reviewing a defined procedure (see above) under predetermined conditions to find out whether this procedure should be used regularly in the future and whether it is more suitable as alternative treatment options.
For decades, clinical studies have helped us to achieve today's level of care.
What are the benefits of participating in the study for the participant?
The primary goal of clinical studies is to gain knowledge for the treatment of future patients. In individual studies, participation offers the opportunity to benefit from a new treatment method that is still being developed and is not yet available for routine care. The safety of the participants has top priority. For this purpose, the close inspection is carried out by specially trained staff (investigator, study staff).
What is this study registry for?
Our study register is intended to help patients and medical professionals to find out about studies that are being carried out at the University Hospital Erlangen and the Comprehensive Cancer Center Erlangen-EMN.
You will receive a brief summary of the course content and the contact details of the contact persons in the study register.
What are inclusion and exclusion criteria?
The inclusion and exclusion criteria of a study define the conditions under which a patient may participate in a study. Common criteria are, for example, a certain diagnosis, a certain therapy situation (e.g. only after the disease has relapsed) and an age limit.
Who will check whether I can take part in a study?
The examination of the inclusion and exclusion criteria is the task of the investigator. Basic information can be found in this register and additional general points (e.g. whether the study can currently include new patients) must often be clarified by telephone. For the final assessment, a personal introduction to the department responsible is necessary. Contact persons for further information and for making appointments are available for each study on this website.
Some information about clinical trials can be found on the following websites:
German Cancer Aid:
In the blue guide of the German Cancer Aid e.V. "Clinical Studies: Answers, Help, Perspectives" you will find a lot of information on conducting clinical studies, information on your rights and obligations as a study participant and more.
The ECRAN project (European Communication on Research Awareness Needs) is a project funded by the European Union, which aims to explain medical research in an understandable way and to provide you with the most important information about participating in clinical studies.
- Helps corruption in elections
- How is rich text encoded on Quora
- What do you like about the USA
- Why is fruit unnecessarily packed in plastic?
- Who started oath
- Which pillow gave you the best sleep
- What is Daviss' erosion cycle
- What is the Indian Defense Estate Service
- What are the properties of aluminum
- Is there Linux Media Audio
- Can I pay ProtonMail with Bitcoin?
- How can you make money with Alluva
- Supports the iPad background apps
- A surgical mask stops particles
- Why should I buy Samsung Galaxy A70s
- What are ephedrine alkaloids
- Which web services predict the future
- What song just mellows you down
- A 5 00 glasses prescription is mild
- Who created the aircraft carrier
- Is homosexuality a sexual disorder
- What cannot a person buy
- What is the basic accounting rule
- The world is getting richer
- Toots Hibbert invented reggae
- Finnish people have had Germanic names before
- How can a new website go viral
- Who would you banish from the USA
- What is Asutosh College best known for?
- Are universities in Malaysia certified in Europe
- Is a personal loan beneficial or not
- You can get turmeric naturally from foods
- Can homeopathy cure chickenpox
- When did the Europeans found Greenland?