What does immersing a flag mean
The flag of the island of Elba
Elba's flag is white with a red horizontal stripe depicting three bees.
The flag was prepared by Napoleon when he arrived on the island of Elba, when he was still on board the English frigate Undaunted, and was hoisted on May 4, 1814 at Forte Stella in Portoferraio, the day the emperor first entered Elba enters. He will spend 10 months in exile on the island.
In the course of time the bees have been assigned several meanings, from a sign of willingness to work to royalty. In reality, the symbol of the three binees had a precise meaning under Napoleon's rule, as has been proven by several studies by Gloria Peria, director of the Historical Archives of Elba's municipalities.
The symbol of the bee was likely chosen by Napoleon because it created a relationship with the Merovingian dynasty. A golden bee was found on the grave of the Merovingian king Childerich. But also in the culture of ancient Egypt, the bee was of great importance, namely obedience and loyalty. Napoleon awarded the three golden bees to the cities that were particularly fond of the emperor (called Bonnes Villes) and which usually exceeded 13,000 inhabitants. The island of Elba had roughly this number of inhabitants in Napoeleon's time.
The fact that Napoeleon gave the island of Elba three bees with the flag means that the island was given a unity under Napoleon's rule, even if the island was administratively divided into different municipalities (Napoleon divides the island a few months after his arrival in 10 municipalities). The Elban flag had a great success, as big as that - as Pons de l'Herault writes in "Souvenirs et anecdotes de l'Ile d'Elbe" that it was even greeted by OùPIrats, who in the flag are a symbol of theirs Heldens recognized Napoleon.
- Can I change my hair color of course?
- Why use Fieldbook instead of spreadsheet software
- Where to buy Ouija boards
- What does a coffin go in?
- What is the psychology of bullying
- Which are the best food deliery apps
- How do I make big symbols bigger
- What did the Saxons call themselves?
- I experienced a Kundalini awakening
- How can seniors deal with loneliness
- Were there ancient civilizations in southern Africa?
- Can you sync an iPhone with Linux?
- Coffee can cause mental health problems
- Which artist sang the song Lay Down
- All Bollywood actors are cokeheads
- Why am I so worthless
- Who has tried BrainEv Has it really worked
- Why are robots a good investment?
- What is life the same
- How do you use in Chinese
- Land planes in thunderstorms
- What diesel cars
- Can I have your Instagram ID
- How does language 2