1 Hz corresponds to the number of decibels
What are decibels and frequency?
To give you a clear idea of these technical terms that are used to describe and measure hearing loss and noise, we have put together some information here.
The audio frequency is the number of times a sound wave vibrates per second. The unit of measurement is Hertz (Hz). The higher the Hertz number, the higher the audio frequency. Vibrations between 20 and 20,000 Hertz are interpreted as sound by a healthy person. For example, a high pitched sound could be that of a piccolo or the chirping of birds. For example, deep tones are distant thunder or the tones of a bass guitar.
The term dB (decibel) and the dB scale are global units of measurement for noise levels. The decibel scale is a logarithmic scale in which doubling the sound pressure corresponds to a level increase of 6 dB.
The term "dB" is not a fixed value like volts or meters. The value of a dB depends on the context.
Here are a few examples of different volume levels measured in decibels:
180 dB: a rocket taking off
140 dB: a jet at take-off
120 dB: a rock band
110 dB: loud thunder
90 dB: city traffic
80 dB: a loud radio
60 dB: normal conversation
30 dB: whispers
0 dB: the finest sound that the human ear can hear
Low-frequency hearing loss and high-frequency hearing loss:
Low-frequency hearing loss
High frequency hearing loss
What is an audiogram?
How is a hearing test done?
- How do I prepare for AIIMS 2017
- Why is Huawei banned 2
- Al Franken still does comedy
- Why do cats knead on blankets
- How is Pandora doing in 2015
- Audio transcription services are worthwhile
- How do I build a transistor radio
- How fast is a frigate
- What is your preferred wedding budget
- Why does Dante take Ulysses to hell
- What are illustrative sales tools
- Is Prince Andrew right now
- What makes a post on LinkedIn interesting
- Cows get bored eating grass
- Have you ever discovered a crime scene
- How do I get prepaid cards
- What app or website can teach calligraphy
- Why we put rangoli in the ground
- How is Melania Trump's life
- Has the Naya Raipur project failed?
- What's your least preferred smell
- What is the best film for filmmakers
- Can science do away with money?
- What about people who hit the buttocks