How did the Kurdish languages develop?
The Kurdish language family and their dialects
Kurdish belongs to the language family of the Iranian languages and thus to the Indo-European languages. Although literary works have been written in Kurdish since the 10th century, no uniform language has been able to develop. Kurdish is spoken in different dialects. The most widespread dialect is Northern Kurdish or Kurmanci (in Anatolia, in the Turkish-Iranian border area, in the Caucasus, in Syria and in the north of Iraqi Kurdistan). Middle Kurdish or Sorani is predominant in the southern part of Iraqi Kurdistan and Mukri - in the neighboring Iranian Kurdistan. There are similarities between Kurmanci and Sorani, but the dialects are so far apart that communication is difficult. Separate alphabets have developed for both. Further differentiations exist within these main groups: Kirmanci (Zazaki) is spoken in certain regions of Turkish Kurdistan. Gurani and other dialects are also spoken in the three southernmost parts of Kurdistan.
|Main dialects||Secondary dialects|
|North Kurmanci (Kurmanci)||Middle Kurmanci (Soranî)||South Kurmanci||Goranî-Zazakî- Kirmanci (Zazakî)|
|Bótánî||Silêmanî (literary language)||Kermanşanî||Zengene|
|Cezîrî (literary language)||Germiyanî||Xaneqînî||Dersim|
Riza Baran's contribution to the development of the Kurdish written culture
- Why are people ginger
- Why do emotions affect the digestive system
- Do you like drones
- What is the educational software for teachers
- What is sanforizing treatment
- Robinhood is good for beginners
- Which are the best food deliery apps
- Has a friend of yours ever changed
- Will the controversy over video games ever end?
- Has the Pakistani government brainwashed its people?
- Should I take a yearbook at my school?
- What is UNISON Who do they represent
- What are the most stimulating fruits
- What would absorb electric magnetic fields
- Is a jihadist the same as a terrorist
- What are the biblical justifications for murder
- How does a muzzle brake work
- How do seminar and lecture courses differ?
- What does 2 + 2x2 + 2 equal
- Do Feedly accounts have an RSS feed
- Aliens know they are aliens
- Which is better money or power why
- What is the Japanese equivalent of Helvetica
- Create comics a modern mythology