Why should we care about face recognition
Dieter Kugelmann says: "Digitization is advancing worldwide, more and more data is being collected, summarized and linked. The importance of data protection is therefore increasing. Just as there are traffic rules for road traffic, there are also binding rules for handling data. As a data protection officer We protect people's freedom; we ensure that they can decide and determine their data. In this sense, we advise on legislative processes, process incoming complaints from citizens and, if necessary, sanction data protection violations There must be environmental protection and compliance with it must be monitored, there must also be data protection; my authority and I take care of it. "
The state data protection officer, who was elected by the Rhineland-Palatinate state parliament for eight years, emphasizes: "In the past five years, the Europeanization and the entry into force of the General Data Protection Regulation have had a massive impact on the development of data protection. Companies, associations, clubs and citizens advise and continue to be the point of contact. The past few years have been very dynamic: In addition to the GDPR, the state data protection law and other state laws relating to data protection have been passed. Judgments by the European Court of Justice such as "Safe Harbor" and "Schrems II" have meant that the data protection authorities in the federal states and at the federal level had to coordinate quickly and they did so. It is challenging and very exciting to see how data processing and, accordingly, data protection are developing in these times World is data protection uch full and at times also exhausting - but it is urgently needed. Data protection is an essential part of the increasing digitization of all areas of life. In the coming years I would like to focus more on data protection issues with a view to artificial intelligence and facial recognition: As a society, we have to think about rules and guidelines at an early stage. There is a risk that facial recognition systems will be used to create fully automated surveillance profiles. "
Kugelmann continues: "A second pillar of the LfDI is freedom of information. In our open information society there must be enforceable claims for citizens in order to receive information from public authorities. The state of Rhineland-Palatinate passed a state transparency law at an early stage so that everyone and everyone has rights against which the administration and against the government have and can apply. The LfDI supports the individual in asserting information interests against the private sector and the public administration and to ensure that all information that is required by law is actually made available on the country's transparency platform. "
Professor Dieter Kugelmann gives further insights into his previous term of office in the current podcast episode The Birthday Sequence - 5-year term of office of Professor Kugelmann. He talks about the focus of his work and Europe-wide voting, about an "emergency meeting" at Frankfurt Central Station and about a "hope strip on the horizon".
In a short video, Dieter Kugelmann also explains what has been particularly important to him in recent years and what he would like to focus on in the years to come.
- Does your monitor resolution affect your FPS?
- Why are hummingbirds so aggressive
- How hardened screen protector is made
- What is Vamana Therapy in Panchakarma
- How has the morale of the population developed over the course of history
- Helps confidence in exams
- How can anyone trust Alex Jones Infowars
- What are the disadvantages of digital broadcasting
- What is a postulate in geometry
- I had unrealistic expectations of the university
- What a dream the awakening of enlightenment is
- Who is the Roman god of war?
- What did you pronounce wrongly as a child?
- What are some good books on Rothschild
- What is Ewww Image Optimizer
- What is Kim Kardashian's main source of income
- Can you learn to be wise
- Is Voldemort the perfect villain?
- What is Mohr's salt
- What is the difference between BS and BE
- What are the basics of knowledge
- How big is Michelangelo's David
- 9 months are enough for the JEE preparation
- How do locals in Iceland treat tourists