Sentences can only have one letter
Palindromes, Ambigrams and Anagrams
What do you think of the word STORAGE RACK on? Nothing at all? Read it backwards. Fascinating, isn't it? Mal names words that can be read forwards and backwards Palindromes.
But the whole thing doesn't just work with individual words, but even with sentences such as: A FAITHFUL FAMILY AT LIMA NEVER FIRED. It is important that the sentence read forwards and backwards remains the same or makes sense.
There are also palindromes in Latin. The best known is: SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS. It's an old magical formula that researchers found during excavations in Pompeii. The sentence roughly means in German: The sower Arepo struggles to hold the wheels. The sentence is quite tough. You can read it not only forwards and backwards, but also from right to left and left to right, up to down and down to up. Scientists are still working on this Sator-Arepo formula today. It is not clear whether this is a particularly successful play on words or whether there is a deeper meaning in it.
In the photos next to the text you can see Shary and Ralph holding a sign that says "Victoria". Even if the sign is upside down, you can still read "Victoria". I name such a lettering Ambigram. You can read that from above and below, and it always comes out to the same word.
When you turn the letters of a word into another word or multiple words, that's called anagram.
Tokyo, the capital of Japan, is an anagram of Kyoto, the former capital of Japan. Ralph and Shary have it with them KNOWLEDGE MAKES AH tries. The result: WAHN IS SCHEME. Can it be a coincidence?
- Wellington is cosmopolitan
- Are animals more human than animals
- How can I fall asleep earlier?
- Can acupuncture treat psoriasis effectively
- What are some good articles on algorithms
- Which fruits are good for healthy eyes
- What are some cool facts about beryllium
- How are people taxed in France
- Can I see WhatsApp messages with AndroRAT
- What are bloodhounds doing
- Why is network marketing growing faster
- How are text messages forwarded
- Is Gaziantep unsafe to visit
- President Donald Trump is the devil 666
- What are the Premium Tatkal Fees
- What are some good resources about earthquakes
- What are the risks of taking amoxicillin
- What are some unwritten rules for bowling
- Does Jesus have a god
- Which car is the smallest in 2019
- How to enable private browsing in RockMelt
- Should buy Yahoo Tumblr
- How many dentists are there in India
- Why is Beaxy better than Binance