What is Google BigTable
Google offers NoSQL database system from the cloud
"The famous database on which Google is based is now available to everyone worldwide," advertises the Internet giant. Behind this is the “Google Cloud Bigtable” offer: a service for storing large amounts of data in the cloud, which, according to the provider, has been proving its suitability for years: as a technical basis for Google search as well as for Gmail, Youtube, Google Analytics, Google Earth, Google Maps and other services.
Industrial users could use the service to manage mass data such as those generated by sensors in Internet of Things projects. Financial companies should use it to manage petabytes of trade data and analyze trends. Google mentions Sungard, one of the largest providers of software and services for the financial sector, as a reference customer. Google also addresses energy providers, biotech companies and other industries with large volumes of data.
NoSQL hosted data store
Bigtable is a hosted NoSQL data store. Users address it via the "Apache Hbase" API, an open source implementation of the Bigtable architecture for storing data across extensive server landscapes. This means that the database is "natively" integrated with existing big data and Hadoop ecosystems. Bigtable data can easily be exported in standard formats.
According to Google, Bigtable harmonises with other cloud services from the provider, such as “Big Query” or “Cloud Dataflow”. Google claims that in internal benchmarks, Bigtable had lower latency times for reading and writing data than a generic HBase version or the no-SQL database Cassandra. Google promises a full-service package including data replication for backup and data encryption. (mb / hal)
- How do I start winning football betting
- Can spiders feel emotions
- Can homeopathy cure chickenpox
- Why do we enjoy watching people kiss?
- Philosophy is not meant to make you smarter
- Detachment from oneself is normal
- What is a good travel company
- How easily can you lie?
- How did music develop in 1960?
- How can I complete a degree in mathematics?
- Why did Quora fail on March 8, 2017
- How do consciousness and matter work
- How right is Trump about India
- How much does julien solomita
- Can you die more than once
- Why do more Indians die younger
- What were early forms of virtual reality
- How to Make Zodiac Text Symbols
- Is Geoffrey Boycott alive
- How was the genocide carried out in Rwanda
- A dealer can deactivate your car
- What is the Bitcoin value based on
- When do we use therefore and with it
- What is a solution of known chemistry