Can we really completely prove an astrologer?
astrology Looking for evidence
Average rating: 3.25 of 5 with 48 votes.
The way astrologers create horoscopes is impressive. Therefore, only a few question how the position of some celestial bodies can influence a person's personality in the first place. Is that really possible?
The first inconsistencies already arise when thinking logically: In astrology, the point in time at which a person sees the light of day is decisive. Then an early caesarean section could completely turn a person's life upside down, while much more important factors such as the genetic material of the parents and the later social formation are ignored.
Aries now thanks to caesarean section - and another person?
Celestial bodies actually have certain forces of attraction - on earth they are so strong that we stick to it. However, the astrologically relevant planets are hundreds of thousands of kilometers away from us. How should the force, which may then still reach us, affect our fate?
The red planet: Thanks to its color, Mars stands for war and power.
It is even more dubious that the meanings of the celestial bodies stem only from superficial observations and associations: Mars shines red - and therefore stands for struggle and strength. Actual quantities such as the surface temperature are neglected. The angles at which the planets stand to one another, and even more so their meaning, only exist on paper.
The astrologers also do not agree on how to treat the planets discovered last: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were simply integrated into the existing models afterwards - although they should have always influenced the horoscopes. An astro-logical explanation: They are so far away that their influence is negligible - astrology was therefore not wrong before, but it is more correct now. Other astrologers attribute functions to the planets that were not known in ancient times, such as "mutation". Incidentally, Pluto lost its planetary status again in 2006 ...
Zodiac signs are no longer correct
Precession, which has been known since ancient times, is also excluded from astrology: When the earth rotates around itself, the gravitational forces of the sun and moon stagger a little. In this way, it stays behind on its orbit around the sun by 0.01 degrees per year. Since the zodiac was established two thousand years ago, when the positions of the constellation and zodiac sign still matched, this deviation has added up to one twelfth of the annual cycle. This corresponds roughly to a constellation: For example, if you were born between March 21st and April 20th, according to astrology, the sun is actually only in the constellation Pisces.
Unsustainable from a scientific point of view
There is no physical explanation why the star interpretation should work at all. This is why the natural sciences have not dealt with their assumptions for centuries; they are considered to have been definitively refuted. Followers like to refer to supernatural powers that, of course, cannot be proven. Experience is also often cited, which has shown that astrology simply works. This, in turn, can be checked - with statistical methods.
"The Esoteric Test - Science or Humbug": on February 24, 2014 at 10 p.m. in "Fascination Knowledge", BR television
- When does the SSC CGL exam take place
- Has shared Veda Vyas Krishna Dwaipaayana Vedas
- How to grow spirulina at home
- Who founded Tecno Phones
- What is primary and secondary porosity
- Has Quora moved to the Nginx server
- What causes red bumps all over the face
- What is subluxation
- Who is Scotland's greatest footballer of all time
- Was Michael Jackson a Democrat or a Republican?
- Why do antipsychotics cause anticholinergic side effects
- How can I end a formal letter
- How is Christmas in Japan
- Are women paid sexistically to men?
- Look for custom vinyl decals
- Why are you following Kim Kardashian
- Where does the TCS training take place
- Can we create an artificial planet?
- What is Bruton's tyrosine kinase signal
- How was ADHD treated in the 1980s
- Why did you feel, why me
- Which topic did Albert Einstein fail?
- Did Constantine spread Christianity by force?
- Which colors cannot separate in chromatography?
- What does a young entrepreneur do to someone
- How much does Bluehost cost per month
- How to write 18 07 lakhs
- How to acquire Nicaraguan citizenship
- Is Bernie Sanders white or Semitic
- How do vegan weightlifters get their protein
- How old is the Stanley Cup trophy
- Who is the founder of GBWhatsApp
- Where's the firewall